Urgent Care for Victims of Violence
Examination center for victims of (domestic) violence at the LMU Munich Institute of Forensic Pathology:
Violence can occur anywhere, even in our immediate surroundings. Women are most often the victims of violence, but men, the elderly, ill or disabled can be affected, too. According to the WHO, violence is one of the world’s most common health risks.
Forensic pathologists accurately document injuries for use in court cases, collect evidence and interpret findings. A physical examination as soon as possible after a violent attack is very important in reporting the incident to the police.
Through regular contact with victims of violence, forensic pathologists have the necessary experience and sensitivity to guarantee safe and secure handling of violence cases.
- Phone consultation (including anonymous)
- Free physical examination
- Documentation of injuries (including photographs)
- Collection and storage of evidence
- Notification of social services, if applicable
- Doctors of victims of violence
- Public agencies that serve victims of violence
- Victims of violence
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact form
- Phone: +49 (0) 89 / 2180 - 73011
- Address: Institut für Rechtsmedizin, Nussbaumstraße 26, 80336 München
After an initial phone consultation, examination appointments are available Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Phone consultations are also available after 4:00 p.m.
In the case of non-German-speaking woman, for a better understanding we ask that you bring along an interpreter or German-speaking friend or relative.
- Gewalt gegen Frauen (PDF-Dokument, 817 KByte)