Child Protection Center
For children and adolescents with suspicion of maltreatment and abuse
Low-threshold examination center for children and adolescents with suspicion of maltreatment and abuse
In the last few years public awareness of violence against children and adolescents has increased considerably. Even experts cannot guess the estimated number of unreported cases. The insecurity in recognizing different forms of maltreatment and abuse and reacting correctly is high. Any suspected case of maltreatment and abuse should be pursued.
The child protection center at the Institute of Forensic Pathology offers:
- Free physical examination of children and adolescents
- Documentation of injuries (including photographs)
- Collection and storage of evidence
- Phone consultation (anonymous if required) for victims and their relatives, also for doctors of violence victims
- Notification of social services and other clinics for further diagnostic and therapeutic care (interdisciplinary networking)
- Referral of children and adolescents from other clinics to the child protection center
- Help with any issues regarding maltreatment and abuse for doctors, youth welfare office, midwives, teachers and other groups of persons who are concerned with maltreatment and abuse
- Assistance with the application of § 14 s. 6 of the German GDVG (Gesundheitsdienst- und Verbraucherschutzgesetz), particularly the existence of grave evidence of maltreatment and abuse
- Secure online platform for doctors (www.remed-online.de) for contact and case presentation
- All public agencies that serve families, children and adolescents such as youth welfare office
- Doctors of victims of violence
- Custodians of a child suspecting maltreatment and abuse
- Internet: www.remed-online.de (for physician only)
- Contact form
- Phone: +49 (0) 89 2180 – 73011
- Address: Institut für Rechtsmedizin, Nussbaumstrasse 26, 80336 München
After an initial phone consultation, examination appointments are available Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Phone consultations are also available after 4:00 p.m.
In case of non-German-speaking children, for a better understanding we kindly request that you bring along an interpreter or German-speaking friend or relative.
- Verdacht auf Kindesmisshandlung und Kindesmissbrauch (PDF-Dokument, 623 KByte)
Coverpicture: Hendrik Matzen/Mario Hoff, Project "Augen auf für die Zukunft" with adolescents from Schleswig-Flensburg. Design: Christine Meyer Design Munich, Editor: LMU Institute of Forensic Pathology
For the professional documentation of diagnostic findings we offer 2 documentation sheets for download:
- Dokumentationsbogen für Ärzte (PDF-Dokument, 401 KByte)
- Dokumentationsbogen für Zahnärzte (PDF-Dokument, 447 KByte)
The examination center for children and adolescents with suspicion of maltreatment and abuse is supported by the Bavarian State Ministry of Labour, Social Affairs, Family and Integration.